Leading a multidisciplinary department that incorporates Project Management, in-house Development, and the Creative Studio, you’ll oversee all project output across the agency.
Reporting to the Managing Partners in a senior leadership role, you’ll have the gravitas to command a room and lead delivery. You’ll need to be on top of your commercial game; able to accurately scope and forecast complex technical projects alongside all creative delivery. This role would suit someone coming from a technical Project Management background.
You’ll partner with the Head of Tech and our Group Account Directors to work through briefs and establish the most commercial and quality approach to creating the work. You’ll be super meticulous by nature; all over the detail, and able to manage the team to condense and translate strategic ideas and concepts in to detailed project plans. You’ll be collaborative by nature.
You’ll manage the Studio Manager and jointly identify pinch-points in resource, scheduling all digital and offline work, and keep us on track all the way to project fruition. You’ll be looking months into the future, to ensure we have enough resource to deliver.
You’ll naturally think commercially and strategically, looking to grow the quality of our output and increase our creative and digital offer to our clients. Able to juggle multiple people and priorities, you’ll act as the lynchpin of the agency, understanding how each project is pulled together and who is doing what. This is a pivotal role, with lots of scope to make your mark.
It’s an exciting time to join KHWS.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Take a consistently smart and strategic approach, leading at the outset of all major projects
- Oversee all production resource, allocation, execution and delivery
- Active leadership, influencing the direction of agency output and process reporting to the MT
- Consult and grow relationships directly with the client at a senior level
- Lead the team to fulfil their potential and maintain engagement – proactively manage their careers (including absence and performance issues)
- Drive productivity and commerciality considering utilization, recoverability, margin etc
- Proactively ensure internal processes and systems support the delivery of exceptional work
- Monitor workflow across multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are met and teams work well
- Ensure the team build watertight project plans and manage all parties to deliver
- Scope, forecast and plan for both future projects and pitches
- Actively involve yourself in ideation and pitches, presenting directly to the client
- Have quality front of mind; working to create award-worthy work
- Manage risks across agency projects; recommend and manage mitigation strategies
- Expertly balance the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert on our platforms, products and campaigns
- Be creative, innovative and a technical expert
Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience working in a senior Production role within a digital/creative agency (10+ years exp)
- Commercial know-how; demonstrable experience of scoping big complex technical jobs worth £500-£1m+
- Excellent technical understanding – experience of overseeing technical platform builds, from chatbots to eLearning applications and working alongside the various disciplines that produce technical builds.
- Working knowledge of project management software including JIRA and MS Project
- Solid understanding of all studio skill sets and roles across Tech (Devs & QA), Creative (Digital Designers, UX, Artwork, Copywriters, Conceptual Creatives etc) and Project Management
- Calm, diplomatic, pragmatic, unflappable, likeable, persuasive.
Has this role got your name all over it?
If it has, we’d like to hear from you. Simply ping over your beautifully-crafted, typo-free CV and we’ll be in touch ASAP.
Here’s what we’re offering!
An awesome step up in your career at a great marketing agency. Plus there’s lots of other good stuff on offer too such as:
Super-competitive salary, bonus, pension, healthcare, training, gym membership, season ticket loans, enhanced maternity and shared parental benefits, recruitment and new biz referral bonuses, sabbaticals, regular socials, birthday champers and treats!