Who are KHWS?
We are KHWS, an insight-driven, brand activation agency based in the heart of Farringdon, London. We’re a bright and enthusiastic bunch of professionals covering all the disciplines you’d expect, from strategy and creative to customer experience and digital delivery, all underpinned by insight-driven ideas. We’re united by a passion for insight and behavioural science giving our clients a competitive edge.
What’s more, we’re proud to be fiercely independent after 28 years – delivering honest, forward-thinking ideas with the agility to adapt to a rapidly-evolving landscape. As you’ll discover, we cover the full-channel mix with a big digital heart. It means we’re equally happy designing and building a stunning application, creating and managing engaging social campaigns, capturing and nurturing leads to creating incredible in-store activations.
It’s no surprise the world’s biggest brands trust us year on year… here’s a quick name drop: Samsung, ExxonMobil, Jacobs, General Mills, Jack Daniels and Bacardi.
Our culture and benefits
We have an inclusive and collaborative culture where we’re all encouraged to shine. Beyond offering you the chance to develop your career in an independent agency, we have great benefits including;
Up to 10% of salary as a bonus, flexible working, 25 days hols, plus 3 extra days at Xmas (think of it as an extra KHWS Xmas present), pension, private healthcare, inhouse and external training, discounted gym membership, travel loans, sabbatical scheme, cycle to work, recognition awards, much-loved socials, plus various other treats throughout the month to keep us all smiling.
You will have a passion for getting things done the right way using the latest and most appropriate technologies. Working in an agency environment, you’ll have a problem-solving and collaborative approach to delivering solutions on behalf of our clients.
Your effort will be 70% weighted towards backend tasks using .Net and Azure, with support from our Dev Ops engineer, and 30% front end tasks, based predominantly in React.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll have a solid understanding of KHWS business goals and the tech strategy, supporting the us to deliver against the broader plan.
You’re creatively minded, passionate about emerging technologies, an excellent communicator, and can surface commercially viable ideas to the wider business.
You’ll be comfortable working relatively independently, able to drive your own projects forward, making smart decisions and mentoring a junior team to be the best they can be.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong experience of using React; Angular would also be beneficial
- Familiarity with some SQL and NoSQL systems such as MSSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with responsive web design and cross browser development
- Experience with high-scale web applications, distributed systems and APIs
- orientated and collaborative mindset, as you work across teams within the agency, such as: Strategy, CX, and Client Service teams to ensure sound integration between back-end and front-end code
- Thirst for learning – keeping up-to-date with the latest development technologies and best practices
- Ability to scope and estimate level of effort for the development of solution features and or functionality and create technical specifications
- Solid knowledge of the architectural implications of both bespoke and CMS installations
- Develop reusable code and libraries for team use with good code commenting and documentation practices
- Be an ambassador for the technical team, champion our best practices and maintain a professional standard
- Experience with DevOps workflows including continuous integration/build processes
- Experience of working in an agency or similar environment
Has this role got your name all over it?
If it has, we’d like to hear from you. Simply ping over your CV on LinkedIn and we’ll be in touch.
Lastly, we want you to be clear on how we safeguard and use any personal information you give to us. If you’re interested, have a look at the privacy statement found on our website.