About the team
Our Tech dept is eight strong, including freelancers. Predominantly a .Net development house, but with a team comprising both Front and Back-end Developers, UX, and QA. Work has included: a custom Umbraco platform for a well-known restaurant chain, we have built and maintained a number of one of the world largest oil supplier’s websites, and we also work very closely with a leading global electronic brand on their TV, Home Appliances, Camera and IT Campaigns.
Work in 2019 is: React-based for our front-end team and .NET C# for our back-end team. We have been working on maintenance and data tracking of an anti-counterfeit application, single sign-on for multiple global websites and portals, a redesign and build of a B2B website and new-build learning platforms. We invest a lot of time in our Tech team and have training budgets that we want to fully utilise in 2019 and beyond.
Let’s cut to the chase
As the Head of Technology’s “right hand man” you’ll help devise the tech strategy, supporting the delivery against the broader strategic vision of KHWS, building our proﬁle with clients and in the industry.
You’ll help to simultaneously drive the improvement of both quality of work, and eﬃciency of delivery within the agency. You’ll get under the skin of client and agency challenges, and work with key people as an agent of change.
As a Tech Lead, you’ll oversee solution architecture design and technologies; you’ll be able to ensure we’re securely and stably delivering our promises to clients. You’ll be able to partner with our Head of PM to accurately scope large and complex projects, and be growing your skills in this area.
You’re creatively minded, passionate about emerging technologies, an excellent communicator, and can surface commercially viable ideas to the wider business.
You’ll be passionate about mentoring your team to be the best they can be, and happy to manage freelancers regularly. You may even have experience working with outsourced ore remote tech hubs.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Expert in C# / ASP.NET 4.5-4.7, MVC 5, .NET Core 2.0+
- 3 years’ experience of Umbraco or equivalent CMS (e.g. Sitecore)
- Experience of working in within an agency
- Strong managerial experience
- Bug tracking and workflow (Jira)
- Knowledge and experience working with DevOps
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Be an expert in the architectural implications of both bespoke and CMS installations
- Engage with the wider agency on development related communications & demonstrations
- Review technical proposals, designs and specifications to ensure they can be implemented, proposing suitable alternatives if necessary
- Work collaboratively with other teams within the agency, including the Front End, Design and QA teams to ensure sound integration between back-end and front-end code
Has this role got your name all over it?
If it has, we’d like to hear from you. Simply ping over your beautifully-crafted, typo-free CV and we’ll be in touch ASAP.
Here’s what we’re offering!
An awesome step up in your career at a great marketing agency. Plus there’s lots of other good stuff on offer too such as:
Super-competitive salary, bonus, pension, healthcare, training, gym membership, season ticket loans, enhanced maternity and shared parental benefits, recruitment and new biz referral bonuses, sabbaticals, regular socials, birthday champers and treats!