Working closely with the Project Management team, the Studio Manager takes day to day responsibility for ensuring jobs get pushed through a busy Studio on time. You’ll be happy managing a resource schedule and cajole team members as required to get the job done.
This would suit someone from quite a technical background as we develop a lot of platforms, apps, and chatbots etc for our clients, so the trafficking of work is quite technical.
You’ll be the ‘go to’ person and the lynchpin that keeps a team of 20 Tech & Creatives running.
You will be responsible for all the scheduling of work, managing workloads, chasing briefs and getting estimates.
You’ll be an awesome relationship builder; happy to challenge people where required, to ensure that our creatives and devs get enough time to produce award worthy work.
Ideally you’ll have a little black book of freelancers to call on if we need support, and you’ll feel comfortable briefing our Talent Team on any requirements.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Coordinate resource requests and allocate to the Studio (Artwork, Copy, Art Direction, Digital Design, Front & Back end development and QA) based on availability and skillset, and adjust as necessary
- Collaborate with teams to understand timelines for project integration and completion
- Support the PM team to run workflow; including arranging and running resource meetings
- Brief the Talent Team regarding freelance requirements, after managing budget approval
- Manage schedule conflicts; co-ordinate discussions and escalate to team leads if necessary
- Review Jira tasks/tickets created by Client Services (CS) team and assign to our Devs
- Have a solid understanding of technical and creative roles and skillsets to be able to allocate the correct time for jobs
- Work closely with CS team to ensure briefs are comprehensive and include all the information required to complete the task (e.g correct dimensions for artwork etc)
- Be happy project managing small projects under the guidance of PM
Experience & technical skills
- 2-3 years’ traffic management experience in a digital or creative agency
- An understanding of all the varied disciplines that make projects tick
- Understanding of the roles, so you know how long task take (Artwork, Copy, Art Direction, UX, FE, BE, QA, Design etc)
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plate-juggle
- Confident; the ability to deal with all people at all levels and challenge where required
- Ability to work within a busy and demanding environment
- Self-motivated with keen attention to detail
- Moderate JIRA knowledge for workflow management (nice to have)
- Ideally experience with resource management systems or software eg JIRA and Paprika
- Excel skills
Has this role got your name all over it?
If it has, we’d like to hear from you. Simply ping over your beautifully-crafted, typo-free CV and we’ll be in touch ASAP.
Here’s what we’re offering!
An awesome step up in your career at a great marketing agency. Plus there’s lots of other good stuff on offer too such as:
Super-competitive salary, bonus, pension, healthcare, training, gym membership, season ticket loans, enhanced maternity and shared parental benefits, recruitment and new biz referral bonuses, sabbaticals, regular socials, birthday champers and treats!